What to do with empty formula cans

my baby goes through formula like it is free and I hate to throw them away because I keep thinking there must be something useful I can do with them. My ss and I already made some banks out of some. We made one for each denomination.
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.

sukinova

Asked by sukinova at 11:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• strong paper over the top and rubber banded in place... baby bongos! Pencil holder? Hair peice holder? HUGE marracca? Cover with a pretty wrapping paper and poke little holes all aound and then put in a flameless votive to get a pretty little light. You could use that same concept to make jack-o-lanterns and put them up your driveway fro halloween
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• good ideas, thank you!
    sukinova

Answer by sukinova at 11:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Check to see if you can get some money for recycling them. My mom recycles cans and gets some money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• They are great for holding paper clips, office items, etc, decorate and organize your office any way you want to! Garage the same way -- nails, tacks. Crafting-- buttons, stickers, small bows, pompoms, googlie eyes, lol. Yay for you for recycling. I would think they would even be cute to wrap gifts in.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 6:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I use enfamil lipil with iron. On the can it says like "5 points" on the small cans & "10 points" on the big can. So when my daughter was younger, I saved every single can "tons" because I thought I could earn something. I called enfamil, they said they don't do that anymore. :( So....I have tons of cans! I use them to poor grease in after cooking instead of putting it down the drain. That's all I have used them for so far. :)
    WaitingSarah

Answer by WaitingSarah at 4:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• OH! To build sand castles with! Decorate and plant flowers in them as pots? Maybe too wet but you could definitely do silk arrangements
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Instead of wrapping paper, paint them in holiday colors and use them to give gifts in. Make a coffee lovers can or a movie lovers can, a sweet lover can, etc.
    kymommy72

Answer by kymommy72 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008