Professional Pregnancy Photos

Is an entire week's pay too much to spend on those once-in-a-lifetime professional pregnancy photos? Especially if it's the first and only child?

FrunchyMama

Asked by FrunchyMama at 11:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think it is. I would look around and try to find a cheaper place. But that's me, i just couldn't spend that much on pictures. i'm actually getting mine for free because this girl needs to make her portfolio and wants pregnancy pics in it. so i would look around more
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't know how much you make in a week... but I do know there are a lot of very talented photographers with a range of prices. I love photography and I do consider it precious, but you have other expenses and a flesh and blood baby to worry about pretty soon. :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't know.. I guess just think about it every second, minute and hour you are at work and see if it is justified.. I wouldn't... My work is too complicated..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:56 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I'll post my pregnancy pics on my page.....my 4 year old daughter took them!!! I cropped and edited them using Picnic. I couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars especially with another baby on the way and I just started being a stay at home mom.
    JenLavazza

Answer by JenLavazza at 1:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I would do some research first and then decide..personally for me if it was my first and only, i would spend the bucks..but is it gonna hurt you financially?? like i said, just research other places first before you decide on the uber expensive one. its your baby and your money..you earned it yourself, spend it how You like no matter what anyone else says.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Thanks, everyone, for the advice. I have to admit that my weekly income is rather low right now as I was recently laid off and am collecting unemployment. The photos aren't that expensive, but I was thinking more along the lines of proportion to income. She was actually the cheapest good photographer in the area!

But, JenLavazza, your photos are AMAZING! Absolutely gorgeous (and so are you, btw) and that inspires me to see what I can come up with on my own at least before the photographer just in case. Both my Partner and I are into photography, so if a 4 year old (albeit, obviously a very talented one--lol) can do it, then we oughta be able to pull something off!

Thanks again, guys!
    FrunchyMama

Answer by FrunchyMama at 2:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2008