I have a 3.5 yr old boy that doesn't mind wetting himself. help i've tried everything. This is my 3rd boy and i'm ready to be done with wet cloths. any advice on potty training?

Help in training a strong willed boy potty training?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Not sure if you tried this already. I had a sticker chart and when the boys peed they got a sticker. After 10 stickers they could go to the store and get a small gift. Usually we went to the dollar store. My sister uses M & Ms. Every time her dd goes she gets 1 M & M. Not sure about this either. Could it be an attention thing. I know with 3 kids it is hard to give them each their own attention and maybe it is his way of getting you to spend time with him. Just a thought. Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I had my son stand over the toilet and pee in a clear plastic jar, and made a game of it to see how much he could get in the jar. It worked like a charm. Eventually, like all games they tire of it and he just went to the toilet like a big boy.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• why do people push potty training? Fact most boys will daytime PT (urinate) by 3, but not fully PT until right b4 kindergarten. So encourage but don't push, it causes rebellion and low self-esteem(you're not happy with me syndrom)
    Anonymous