You know that most popular bitch that you went to school with? Well my niece is that girl... what can we all do to stop it?

Ok, so she is only six. She does however have everyone in her class and around her in the community wrapped around her little finger. She is the boss, she is the popular one, she is the one that has to be a fashionista and have perfect hair.

Everything has to be done her way and all the other kids follow her. Her social calendar is full. I am her favorite auntie and she calls to talk to me all the time. What can I do to prevent her from ruining herself as she gets older?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you really cant but she will learn on her own and she will learn from it! well at least the bitches at my school did!lol
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't really think there's anything you can do. She'll eventually slip up and someone will bring her down to size. Or when she goes to high school, especially if the high school is a big one with kids from all different schools that she hasn't encountered before...someone is bound to be "better" than her. She'll learn eventually or she'll get slapped by someone who doesn't want to put up with her xP
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Guidance from her favorite aunt may steer her away from the spoiled little brat attitude she may be getting. Maybe telling her that looks are not everything and won't get you far in life?
    nightwhispers76

Answer by nightwhispers76 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Wow! That's an aweful way to describe your niece, but if you want an honest answer, butt out and let her mom/guardian raise her. That's all you can really do. Only six and already you assume she'll grow up destined to be a bitch.............
    Anonymous

• 6????? Are you sure you are describing her acurately? This is a little harsh...
    Anonymous

• Wow. She sounds super spoiled. Maybe her parents are going to have to get some things right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I wouldn't describe my niece at six years old a bitch.A brat maybe but not a bitch. I do however tell me son that if acts like a brat now he will grow up to be an asshole that everyone secretly hates.If he wants to be hated later on in life and doesn't care that he is fake and everyone secretly hates him then continue on pushing and shoving people around but I'll be damned if he thinks he will push me around and get by with it.It's that simple at least he know's there is someone out there that he CANT get his way with.
    srb0578

Answer by srb0578 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• as her fav auntie that she talks to about everything, put in comments about respecting others and their feelings. It is possible to be popular and not a witch. I've seen both types, and the ones that are not witchy I figure were just taught to respect and feel for everyone. If she looks up to you so much take the time to help her learn to put others first too.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• To anyone who thinks that kids can't act like this at 6 - they are WRONG. I fully remember girls in my first grade class acting this way and saying snotty and nasty comments, and becoming worse in the upper grades. Good for you for wanting to stop this behavior now!
    Anonymous

• I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is really nothing you can do. My niece is spoiled and is part of the "in crowd", but she gets it from her parents. Her grandma and I try to show her that clothes aren't everything/money isn't everything/ and saying harsh things about others is rude. We simply state our opinions and the reasons behind them and pray to GOD that one of these days she will remember what we had said. No matter how hard we try, it is the parents that she is with day in/out and the ultimate role models. There has to be one in every crowd; just hope that as she gets older, someone will come along and put her in her place. Good Luck and keep setting a good example.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 5:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2008