Gestational diabetes for about 7 weeks .. baby shower cake?

I have GD, I was borderline with my GTT (just one or two points over on two tests) so I was diagnosed .. I follow my diet strictly and never slip up at all. Not even think about it. This is since week 29 or 30 and I am now at 36 weeks and 1 day. My baby shower was today and I had a piece of cake. Did anyone else do this? I also ate some turkey stuffing, and a cheesecake cupcake. This is all I ate that had any carbs, though. I'm scared something will happen to the baby now! Anyone else deal with this?

NMRx

Asked by NMRx at 11:40 PM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had borderline gestational diabetes with both my last two pregnancies. With the middle one I followed doctors ordes, took the insulin and everything was fine. With the last one, I refused treatment (Remember I was borderline!) after being sent into low blood sugar from the first insulin shot. I took charge, watched my diet and exercised. Everything was fine. You will be fine too. Monitor your blood sugars and walk around to try to walk off the sugars. Just be careful not to slip up too often. Good luck. Peace, I had snickers a couple times. Everything was fine.:)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• One day of cheating isn't going to kill you. On "special" days where there is sweet stuff like cake, be sure to drink a lot of water and exercise to burn off some of the sugar. Your baby should be fine.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 2:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2008