samantha WILL be here sunday

I'm posting her bc this is where most ppl know me lol not in the actual groups high bp they are worried about the placenta tearing away I'm. On steroids for her lungs they said at 37 weeks its about .5 to 1 percent for respitory distress they are more worried about her ability to maintian temp or sugar which they said they could handle

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• CONGRATS! Good luck, I hope everything goes well!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• are they planning on an amnio to test her lungs? They did that with me, results of the test took about 2 hours then I was scheduled the next day when it came back that my daughters lungs were fully developed.

I'm a type 2 diabetic and my daughter did have a little low blood sugar at birth
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My DS was born @ 36 weeks, no steroids and he was perfectly healthy. Hope that is encouraging!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• O thney aren't doing the amnio how many weeks were you they said 37. Plus steroids theyare mature he said it'd be very slim for her to have problems and he's not expecting it I saw the perinatoligst sp and my reg ob about it they might order one later but no word yet
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Thanks adelicious it is! They said after 34 it goes down a bunch so I feel better I was very worried at first
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son was born 35 weeks with no steroids and his lungs were fully developed. He was in the NICU but because he had liquid in his lungs that is usually pushed out during a vaginal birth. They said it was very common in c sections.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i had my daughter at 36 n 1/2 weeks.with no steroids what so ever... ur lil one will be perfectly fine. dont worry...be happy...shes finally coming! my daughter was 5lbs 3 oz and 18 inches long...tiny but tough. ive heard girls are stronger the boys when they are that small. so...good luck and congrats.
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 6:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had Katelyn at 36 weeks because of preeclampsia, thats why they did the amnio first, to make sure her lungs were ready. Still took a month or so for my BP to return to normal. Initially my c-sec was scheduled for 39 weeks....

good luck to you and your baby. My best piece of advice as far as recovery, get up and walk as often as possible, it gets better each time. After the first day I only took motrin for the pain and I got up as often as possible....i've had 2 c-sec's
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yea I'm worried about that too bc they say its harder on csection babies we will see I really want her to room in bc my son was in nicu and I didn't get to enjoy him until the 2nd day and then until he came out a week later on us she was 5lbs 9 so I'm guessing tht is right bc my son was 6 10 a week late
    Kre10

Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Good luck and I hope everything goes great :)
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2010