Anyone else get super sick when trying to cook?

The smell of fod kills me.... Bleh!!!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pregnant much? Haha. Yes. When I was preggo, cooking made me want to hurl!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, there were certain foods I couldn't stand so my husband always had to pitch in. With my last pregnancy I couldnt stand the smell of turkey and kind of ruined Thanksgivings but hubby was nice about it even though it is his favorite Holiday
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Oh boy yes! I made my dh go outside and cook on the grill - never any type of food cooked inside and that includes the microwave. And if we eat inside the house then I have to run fans to blow the smell outside, lol. Sucks when it is cold outside! Grocery stores are horrible - all those different smells! I hadn't shopped for 5 months since I couldn't handle it.
    LovemyQ

Answer by LovemyQ at 4:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Thankfully I don't have to cook... My fiance does. But there are still certain things that make me sick to my stomach just SMELLING them. Ground turkey and anything with marinara sauce, ugh! I didn't have any of these things during my first pregnancy, so this is all new to me. I'm not liking it much :|
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, its awful, I cant cook anything. I feel terrible about it. Im normally the mom that cooks everything from scratch, but for the past few weeks I have given up and am just making convenient foods. Cant wait to get out of this first trimester so I can start feeling normal again.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• no...but certain foods make me grimace for sure...
    kaitybuggsmomma

Answer by kaitybuggsmomma at 6:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• yes during my first trimester, i can't cook at all, lucky my mom inlaw live close by and we eat a lot of take out. It went away during 2nd trimester
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Just the smell of grease
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010