How do I not feel guilty? (cont.)

How do I not feel guilty? (cont.)
And please don't misunderstand, my dd feels bad bc he got hurt like he did & I do 2 & would b upset if it were mine. But if it was an accident (which I know it was bc I know my daughter) should she have been given an ISS (in school suspension)? Am I wrong 2 wonder y the boy wasn't told 2 stop running & if he was, wasn't made 2 sit down? I don't know how 2 feel bc I feel awful that he got hurt, but @ the same x, is it fair 2 suspend my dd 4 something she didn't intentionally do? I feel bad 4 even asking. Please don't judge me.

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know you feel bad, but, sometimes its hard for us to understand our children aren't perfect. I work in school, so my first question after reading is this: Why was her foot sticking out? 99% of schools have the same type of seatings. The 2nd is, where were the adults? 3rd, How old are your children. I think I would ask a lot of questions, even to your children. Don't tell them, ask them. Judge you, no way! Some of the best parents in the world have children that mess up, and I am not saying yours did, just in general.Something doesn't sound right with this,and its just my opinion. Ask questions different ways and see if you get the same answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Its hard to believe your own children can do anything wrong. My nephew keeps getting in trouble at scholl and I know he's a good kid. He just gets picked on and loses his cool. You're fine to feel the way you feel. I feel the same way when my nephew gets in trouble. I always think "well did the other kid get in trouble too for bullying". I'd just stick to the punishment and do my best to make sure nothing happens again
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 12:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2008