Do you share the job of paying bills and balancing the check book or does one person in your house do it?

seturkey

Asked by seturkey at 5:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am a SAHM. My husband works. He also pays the bills and manages the finances. I have access to everything (bank and savings accounts), but he is the one that sets up the system for paying the bills and he is the one that manages them through our banks.
    AutymsMommy

Answer by AutymsMommy at 5:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I do it all.. I handle all finances (bills, savings, investments, retirement accoutnts..etc) in our home.

My husband has repeatedly proven over the span of our 25 year marriage, that he SUCKS royally and totally when it comes to finances.. LMAO

So I do it all..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My husband works.. I stay at home.. I manage the bills for him.. It works out better this way but if he wants to know what is going on -- I keep a budget book so it makes it easier for him to see where everything went and such =]
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I manage it all after we decide together what we will save for, pay off first, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• What can I say... I'm the nerd. I tried letting him pay the bills once and I just couldn't handle it. Sometimes I let him put the stamps on and address the envelopes, but I'm the one who cuts the checks, pays the bills, and balances the check book.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I pretty much do it all and that's how we both like it. Having only one person manage it makes it much easier. DH would prefer not to have to do it. We just do the budget and I'm responsible for giving him his share.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I take care of all budgeting and bill paying.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 11:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My hubby makes the money and I manage it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• hubs does it all. his bachelors is in accounting so he feels he is more qualified and it makes him feel more secure. what ever, one less think I need to do.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 5:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My soon to be ex does it all so he can have the power to throw me out or take stuff away as he see's fit.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010