do you think... adult content

If you are a good person at heart, but have done bad things your going to hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, if you're not dead then there's repentance and God knows your heart. I see no need to worry about hell right now.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• That's crap, anon. I'm not going to take some mythical creature's word for something. If it doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense. Period. Besides, God didn't write the bible either, MEN did.

And anybody who believes a person like Ghandi deserves to go to hell is just... well, delusional, in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that I can't tell you how many times I've seen people get out of church and LITERALLY step over a homeless person without even acknowledging him (I used to live across from a Catholic church), while "heathens" like me at least took the time to talk to him, give him a book or some food every now and then. Really, who's the better person there?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Nope. But then again, I don't believe in hell or heaven. That's actually one of my major pet peeves about religion. How can you take a person like Ghandi, and say "well, he was a good man and all, but since he wasn't a Christian, he's still going to hell". Makes NO sense to me.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If you're a good person at heart then why would you even do bad things?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• To believe that, I would have to believe in Hell, which I don't. So, my answer is no.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God....people can do good things and be kind and nice and still be sinners.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The "christians" you saw stepping over the homeless man were human and prone to stupidity. Huge problem with church vs. others is that the others expect Christians to be different.
    And yes, we are suppose to be, but its easier said than done. Know what I mean. They are wrong for doing that but the whole christian faith shouldnt be based on their actions.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• And if God used men to be his writing instruments, how come there are so many different versions of the bible out there. Things have been omitted, added, translated wrongly to serve some selfish purpose...

Because it has been rewritten over the years by many different people translated into many different languages...things like that happen with translations.

You dont have to buy it for it to be true. sorry.

Yes Christians can be horrible horrible people and do horrible things. You are right. BUt you are missing that its b/c they are human and this world is sinful and bad and therefore so are the people.

I am a Christian and I do not hate gays, I am not a minority, most of my friends are christians and have gay friends.

You are basing your opionion on some that you have seen and met. I know differently, while there are those who hate etc...there are also those who love and try and care.
    Anonymous

• Anon, I never said there weren't any loving, caring Christians... And honestly, I don't have any problems with people believing whatever makes them happy, whether that's God, Allah, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. My problem is people judging others, or telling others being good just isn't good ENOUGH. Because it is. I don't think this world is sinful and bad, nor that most or all people are sinful and bad. I think most people are good, actually. Which is another thing I don't like about religion. I wasn't born with any sin attached to me, and I'm not a sinful person now. I don't deliberately hurt people, I don't commit any crimes, and I am NOT okay with being called sinful and bad.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No, there is forgiveness and redemption.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010