Fall Garden

Have you planted a fall garden? What did you plant? How is it going?

This past Spring was the first time that we have had a vegetable garden. We did pretty well with roma tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, jalapenos and straw berries. Now we have planted broccoli and tomatoes again, (they both died during summer) for fall. It's going pretty well, especially since it's organic.

akmccarty

Asked by akmccarty at 5:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• That sounds like a great garden. And I like the fact that you grew the roma tomatoes. That is something I would love to grow in my garden next season. Growing organic is definitely a good way to go with your garden since it is beneficial to the soil, plants themselves, you, and of course the environment.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We have had some problems with bugs eating the leaves of the tomato plants, but not the actual tomatoes. We are very environmental aware and want to grow our garden organic. We compost and use that in our soil. We also make compost tea to use for natural fertilizer. It works pretty good. My plants didn't get as big as my Sister's garden in the spring, but she used Miracle Grow.
    akmccarty

Comment by akmccarty (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• No, no fall garden here I just got done with the summer garden and i need a rest good for youfor going organic iut's great to have your own food
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My tomatoes and peppers are still thriving from the spring. I'm taking advantage of it as long as possible.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010