Short Hair

I've had very short hair for 4 years now. I've been wanting to grow it out some, but find it hard. When it starts growing out it gets weird around my ears and in the back by my neck. I start getting annoyed with it and wind up going and getting it trimmed again. I'd like for it to be a little longer, mainly on top. Kind of like Pink's hair style. How do I grow it out?

akmccarty

Asked by akmccarty at 5:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• keep getting it cut around your neck and ears as you grow out the top. The number one mistake people make when growing out a hairstyle is not going to see their stylist to keep it looking nice during the growing out process.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• just exactly that grow it out you will go through the "ugly" stage of hair but once you are past it it will be so much better you will never have it long if you keep cutting or trimming it at that length...use clips or pin those areas up for a while.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• just gotta tough it out thru your hair's awkward stages.....maybe a PITA but it will be worth it or once it is long you'll change your mind and go back to short........
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I don't want it too long. I have three kids and don't have time to have hair that need blow drying or special styling. That's why I cut it so short 4 years ago. LOL I like it short, but I just want something a little different. I like how Pink's hair is long on top and over her forehead. I'm not a very girlie girlie, so I'm not use to seeing myself with hair clips, but maybe I'll give it a try. Thanks!
    akmccarty

Comment by akmccarty (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Find the best stylist in your area and he/she can direct you.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• just keep getting it trimmed & shaped up ... it will slowly get back to normal ;)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i want to grow my hair out too!
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just have to deal with it, use barrettes and headbands while it grows out and gets to a point where you can manage it. I have been there and done that!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:59 AM on Oct. 11, 2010