How to help my friend....

My best friend ( since our first day of high school ) is in a bad relationship. She is living with and has 2 little boys with an asshole. She has no family here besides her very overbearing aunt. Her mom is a druggie who hates kids ( meaning she cant stay with her ever) ... and so it is basically only me who helps or or for her to rely on, I feel so guilty that I cant help her - I offered for her and the boys to live with us, but deep down I think we both know, it wouldnt last long becasue we ( my husband, me, and our 2 kids) in a very small 2 bedroom house and then adding her and her 2 boys would be crazy after a while... but her boyfriend is so crazy . I know he has never hit her, but she says he has come very close, she is not aloud to ever be around other males ( we were at my parents house and she had to delete pics of the kids that had my dad in the background), I have to be with my husband if he picks her up (coninuted)

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 5:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• ( she doesnt drive) because he thinks that within the 5 mintues it takes to get from there to here they will have sex ( he thinks that about every man) , I fixed her hair and did her makeup the other day and when he got hom he was mad saying that she is only wearing because she wants to cheat on him.... he is horrible with the boys, thinks it is only her job to clean and take care of them, the only real time he spends with them is when he is yelling or whipping them.... she is getting a savings account in my name but only will beable to put like $5 a month in it to leave... we live in a very small place, there is not alot of "resources" for help on these kinds of things...

Any ideas ?
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Honestly, I'd say talk to a local church that you feel you could trust. I'm sure that even if she didn't go to that church, they could possibly offer some sort of help in some way or another. It might not be cash up front but they could possibly help her out with paying for a motel room for a week or so? It's hard to say. But if your friend is in true need, I'm sure a good, caring church would be glad to help without passing judgment.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• have her call 1-800- safe haven also local police may have other resource numbers
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 6:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i while he is at work take her and her children to the largest city near you where they do have services for this kinda thing and never tell him where she is......i hope everything works out well for her
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010