People who are into Politic and Party ie (Green, Democratic etc)

i am registering to vote (california) and i dont know what to pick. Im more green thing anything but i have no idea.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Research the parties, and based on who you agree with more, then register with them! Or, stay Independent and vote whichever way you want (except in primaries where Independents are not allowed to vote).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You aren't required to pick. I won't. In Oregon, I don't get to vote in closed primaries because I refuse to pick but I understand we're a minority having closed primaries. No party will fully hold the same views as you.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• And if you choose not to choose, be sure to mark 'unaffiliated" because Independent IS a party now!!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'd go Inde- You can still vote in the primaries all you have to do is REQUEST whatever ballot you would like from your election's office.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If you don't know, why not just be independent for now? you can always decide later when you are more informed.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 11:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I voted all across the board - just to mess with the system. lol

tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Inform yourself, or please, don't vote.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• In CA you can request whichever ballot you want for primaries if you aren't with a party. That said, what about the green party intrigues you? I admit I'm not really up to date with their platform, but they're mostly social issues, no? Fiscal just seems SOO much more important right now, I'd start with what you feel is right fiscally.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It really does not matter what you register as. That only makes a difference for the primary elections, which were over in the summer.

For this upcoming REAL election November 2nd, party registration will not affect which ballot you are allowed to vote on - everyone's ballot is exactly the same in the real election.

Just do your investigations into each of the candidates and propositions which you will be asked to vote on. My son sent me this link to see explanations of the propositions. These explanations were better than anything I had found before.
    http://www.tommcclintock.com/blog/tom-mcclintock-on-the-propositions

Good luck! Thank you so much for voting !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010