breastfeeding and monthly cycle ?

when u breastfed, did u have a normal cycle? or was it very irregular? how long did it take for u to have ur period after delivery?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 6:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• I was 35 when I had my daughter. For the first time in my life, I had 28 day cycles, starting 6 weeks post partum, while breastfeeding.
    Every body is different
    Congratulations on your new family member!!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I never had a period while breastfeeding. In fact, after I weened my daughter off, it took a few months for it to come back.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Well, I have had 4 children and with 3 I started my cycle about a 3-4 weeks after I stopped nursing and they were regular. Wtih #4 I am still nursing (DS is 6 mos) but I started my cycle when he was 2 months old and it has been regular.
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 6:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i had what i thought was my cycle when he wa a month old, now he's 2.5 months old and no sign of it coming. idk if i should be worried or not. w my grls i got on progestergine only pills and now i have peragaurd. so i am just concerned
    Phippsandrea

Comment by Phippsandrea (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You may have still been having postpartum bleeding. You can have it off and on for up to 6 weeks.
    armyofmany

Answer by armyofmany at 7:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've heard it's not a heavy and it lasts less time than it normally would for you.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 8:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• not a brestfeeding mommy
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010