Is relationships overrated

I know that relationships can be fun, especially if and when you find the love of your life, but are relationships overrated? I've been in one relationship in my life, but I feel like I want to start dating and finding out who I am and I just don't want to commit to another relationship without exploring my options first. I've never dated before so now I feel like I'm ready to have fun in my life. Does anyone feel the same way that I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep. It's so much easier to do things on your own than it is when you're in a relationship. Relationships are nice, but you shouldn't overlook the wonders of being on your own. Heck, I wouldn't have ever been able to hop half-way around the world to New Zealand for 3 weeks if I was in a relationship. I had a blast and it was wonderful! I'd LOVE to do it again.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 6:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It was called Playing the Field in the past. Going out with different people to find out what you liked and what you didn't like. It was a good thing to do, and you didn't jump into an involved relationship right at first.

Answer by Bmat at 6:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It can be nice sometimes to NOT be in a relationship. No reason to force it!
    briannacline2

Answer by briannacline2 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i feel the same way married first time @ 15 and divorced @ 29 married again 6 months later and Divorced again@43 just been divorced 2 days but would like to have fun without being in relationship just want to have fun been married most of my life so I'm looking for male friends to have non-sexual fun with relationships are over rated
    beckybuck

Answer by beckybuck at 6:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• no reason to force yourself to be in a relationship if you feel like you need to find yourself.you will just end up unhappy.you cant have someone love you for you if you dont know who you are first
    sam_ann

Answer by sam_ann at 6:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with taking a break from relationships. Sometimes you need time alone to find yourself. Wait a while and you can always start again when you're ready. Sometimes when you're not looking people will find you. Who knows?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2010