how do i meet men and where can i have them screened and background checks?

haven't dated in 14 years but don't do bar scenes looking for nice man in north ga who likes fishing, hunting, helping others, and with a job, I can support myself but don't want to support a man, not looking for marriage just friendship and maybe later a little bit of dating taking things slow though not looking for one night stands, I'm a little old fashion and think the man should do the asking out and pay for the first few dates or pay half if only going out as friends must like children any advice about where to look or if you have nice brother or uncle or friend between ages 35 and 50

beckybuck

Asked by beckybuck at 6:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• This reads like a personal ad... So why not use it as one? Sign up for a dating site, join some groups in your local community (doing something you're interested in, of course). You're going to have to put yourself out there, because men will NOT just come knocking at your door...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Are you okay with someone doing a background check on you for a dinner date? That's a little personal, and will probably scare most men off. Post what you just posted on E Harmony or something. I agree with the pp, you are going to have to put yourself out there. Good Luck! I hope you find your guy! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• each state and or county has it's own website that lets you look up arrest and conviction records for free. i would use that if you know their full name and how to spell it.
    tgarnold

Answer by tgarnold at 7:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• You could try www.plentyoffish.com its a pretty neat dating site and its all free.
    angie729

Answer by angie729 at 12:59 AM on Oct. 9, 2010