Dont kids play outside anymore?

GarrettsWifey

Asked by GarrettsWifey at 6:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• i see kids playing outside here all the time.
    sam_ann

Answer by sam_ann at 6:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I send mine out....but sometimes there are some annoying brats roaming the neighborhood, and I make them come back in when I see them
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Mine play in our back yard but I don't allow them to run the streets if that's what you mean.
    When I was little my friends and I would play around the neighborhood all day, until it got dark. But things have changed and I don't let my kids out of my sight.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i refuse to buy tons of video games, gameboys, etc. because my son plays outside untill the sun goes down. rides his bike, jumps on the trapoline, runs around with kids... ITS SUPER GOOD FOR KIDS TO GET THAT SORT OF EXCERSIZE OUTSIDE , PLUS HE TIRES HIMSELF OUT AND WAKES UP IN A GREAT MOOD... IM OLD SCHOOL I GUESS
    king0913

Answer by king0913 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Me and my sis was jus talking about this the other day...she was saying how her dd (12yrs) dont go outside...all she wants to do is play the video games...or on the pc

We was talking about how we use to go outside as kids and jump rope...play hop scatch..baseball..ride bikes...and best of all cheerleading with our pon pon... :)...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• around here its hard bc all the neighborhood kids are a lot bigger than mine. but we go to the park as much as possible
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My kids are always outside.  I insist on it,  In fact they are all outside right now playing with friends.  They are 10, 9, almost 8 and 4 1/2.  There are always kids out around here.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My son just came in & had been outside since getting off the school bus. He loves being outside & playing. Its just hard for him to play because He hates playing by hisself or with me. & all the kids on the street are wayy older then his five.....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 7:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• We've got the neighborhood of wild kids. Parents just send their kids of all ages out and don't care where they go or what they do. I have no problem when they're out playing away from where I am, but goodness, they drive me batty because of their utter lack of self-control and absolute disrespect. The only time they'll talk to adults is if there's something they can get out of them. You give one something the rest storm you and demand the same. It's nuts. I avoid them as much as possible because they like to try to pick on my DD because she doesn't know better and I rather her not look up to kids like that and grow up thinking that behavior is acceptable.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 7:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• not really my kids complain too much about the hot weather...sunshine state my kids are not use to the hot weather yet...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010