I'm a lesbian..

Would you let your children play with mine? If not, why?

Would you avoid me in fears that I would hit on you?

MaddisonsMomma

Asked by MaddisonsMomma at 12:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I actually have gotten to know some lesbians and they're perfectly normal and I even think they're funnier than my straight friends. Of course I would let my baby(lol only one almost 3 months) play with yours. If anybody is going to be gay or straight, I don't think it is up to me to try and stop them from their own sexual orientation. And no I wouldn't be afraid that you would hit on me.. lesbians don't hit on EVERY girl/woman just as [most] straight people don't hit on every person of the opposite sex that they see. Everybody is a human being and I respect them no matter what gender they liked, and I want people to respect me for what I believe in. My hubby and I actually met through a gay friend, so I would have to thank him, much less look down on him. Be proud of yourself and the only people that you need to care about what they think is the people that don't see you any different.
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:33 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• nope and i might be the one hitting on you!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i would let my kids play with yours if they were friends.... I wouldn't "avoid" you, but I wouldn't say you would be a close friend. More like my kids friends mom. But yeah thats what I would do
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i would definitely let my kids play with yours and i think that it would be normal to be a friend with lesbians, i guess i just dont see whats so different, ya know?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• that is not a problem at all. My kids could play with yours. I would not avoid you. I have lesbians friends.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I wouldn't have a problem being friends with you or letting my kids play with your kids. One of my best friends is bi. I know that she has had relationships with women at different times in her life. (not at the moment though) She was very open about it--and very passionate about expressing her love and affection for women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I would definately let our kids play together. I have a bestest friend that is bi and I love her to death. I would get my feelings hurt if I didn't get a hug from her. Oh how could anyone miss out being friends with someone based on who they loved.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I had to laugh when I read this cuz one of my sisters is a lesbian and one time when we both were without a partner we were going to go out and I told her I didn't want to go to the gay bar cuz if no one hit on me I would end up pissed!
    spencersgirl

Answer by spencersgirl at 12:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Haa spencersgirl LMAO. I went to a gay bar and someone hit on her and it broke my heart. Was I not pretty enough and why did she think we weren't a couple? Oh yea my BBF had a good giggle over that one
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I am posting this anon. because I don't feel like being bashed, but want to give you an honest answer. I would let my kids play with yours, but not at your house without me. Not because I would be afraid of you molesting them (statistics show more heteros do that any way), but because your life style goes against our beliefs and I wouldn't want my children to be in the middle of that situation. If they liked you and looked up to you, they may start to think that your choice is ok, and it's not ok with me. I would not avoid you or treat you any different than any one else, but I don't think we could be close friends. If we were friends, I'd have to be honest with you about what I think of homosexuality, and I'm afraid that would hurt your feelings or offend you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2008