Going off Formula before a year old

Would you ever stop formula before a year old. My son is almost 10 months..he's using a sippy cup sometimes for juice..and has been on whole milk in a pinch...ex: husband had the car and i ran out of formula.
Has anyone switched their child to regular milk before a year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't recommend it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I did it with all of mine....as long as they are eating real food I dont see anything wrong with it.....my kids didnt drink many bottles by 10 months anyways...maybe 2 a day.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I switched mine at 11 and half months. Nothing magic happen at exactly 12 months old. Yes it is very important that a child get good rounded nutrition and formula/breast milk ensures that but if the child is a good rounded eater then there shouldn't be an issue. It this is a child who is still not eating table food well or regular;y then yes formula or breast milk is still essential.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Formula was invented because cow's milk kills human infants. That's why human infants had to be breastfed or have wet nurses before the invention of formula to survive. Even is a 10 mo survives the child's brain development will be affected and there could have been damage done to organs or other parts of the body that the child won't find out about for years.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Mine had formula until 14 months. Then I gave him milk. Next kid will BF until they quit.

NO kid needs any milk it is too harsh on their digestive system. Formula has all the nutrients and calories they meed. IT is supposed to be their MAIN source of food, nutrients and calories until 1 AT LEAST, not that 12 is the magic cutoff. Food before one is only supposed to be tiny and snack sized. Not huge meals and no bottles. He really doesn't even need juice or milk. Feed healthy high calcium foods and let him drink water AFTER he is a year. And too much milk can lead to anemia and various other problems.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I switched dd at 11 months
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 8:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• um...Formula is MADE from a cows milk base. lol. It's dried cows milk with added nutrients. If you are getting ALL the nutrients somewhere else then you are fine.
    Anonymous

• Uh..yes, but, it has been processed so much i that it isn't as harsh on the system. Give formula to a newborn and then give cow milk and see which one has less issues.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think that would be great, I took my daughter off of it at 11 months. And she did fine.
    lovebeinghome10

Answer by lovebeinghome10 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I waited until my sons 1st birthday! Last bottle and last bit of formula! To each is own. If you have worried ask his doctor.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010