Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Stepdaughter ran away and left SS card, Birth Certificate....

My step daughter ran away and left her important paperwork such as SS Card, Birth Certificate. She also claims we have her High school diploma. We do not have nay of these things because when she left her dad said to get all her stuff and anything left we were throwing it away. We just scooped everything up and threw it away not knowing what was all in there. Well, after severl months, her mother Facebook messaged me (I am the step mom and I have nothing to do with this) and asked me to send her stuff. Well, I blocked her because this is not my problem anymore. Now, the Stepdaughter sent us a letter stating that she will come from TX to AL and bring the authoritys with her to get it. Can she try to get something we don't have?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (34)
  • sounds like she is shit out of luck....big girls that run away should be smart enough to take their important stuff with them. She better start filling out the paperwork to replace them! The authorities are not going to give 2 shits about some drama queen teenager that didnt get her things. she just feels like an ass for not getting it and wants to threaten you

    Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • She cant not do anything. She can get most of that replaced anways, so its not that big of a deal. I would not worry about it

    Answer by ashcrash at 7:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • She can get copies of all of that alls she has to do is contact the right places I wouldn't worry about it

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • If she's going to come all the way to AL for it, she may as well just skip your house and go to vital records and request a new one. It will be way less drama, it will cost her probably $20 bucks versus the emotional ordeal of having it out with her father and step mother. Then once she has the new birth certificate she can get a new Social Security card at any Social Security Administration office, doesn't have to be in AL. She could probably even contact the school and ask them for proof of her graduation... but I don't think she really needs the physical diploma for much, at least I've never used mine for anything.

    Answer by beckcorc at 7:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Hahaha, at least when I ran off, I took ALL my important papers and my sons and then some. She is shit out of luck.

    Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • You guys are great!! She really hurt us when she did that and then to act like we are the bad guys in all this. She met a guy in the internet and snuck him in the house and I caught her. Well, I have two small kids that live here so I was pretty pissed because this guy could be a creep. We even felt bad for him and gave him gas money to go back to TX. And then she was like FU!!! and took off.

    Answer by dawny77 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • IF you are 100% sure that you don't have it - she's out of luck.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • we don't have it. When she left we told her to get everything out because she was not coming back. We actually waited a month and then my husband scooped everything up and threw it out. It was all kind of paperwork and stuff so whatever was in there is gone.

    Answer by dawny77 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • I think it was wrong to throw away her stuff to begin with, but there is nothing she can do about it now.

    Answer by older at 9:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • NO, sounds like she has NO clue what she is talking about. She can get a replacement SS card, but her MOM should have her original birth cert. If not, maybe her Dad can get it if he lives in the city she was born in. Let them figure it out-kids love drama!

    Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.