What makes you think that.....???

What makes you think that being gay is a choice????

I personally don't and will argue that 'til I die, and it seems to be most women on here don't think it is either, but lets hear from those that think it actually is a choice....

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 7:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• it is not a choice and those who think it are wrong (imo)
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I honestly feel like I can tell the difference.

I think there are some that seem to do it out of rebellion.

Then there are those who I think are born that way.

I was raised to believe that God hates this act but doesn't hate the people. Those who are hateful toward gay couples should be ashamed of themselves. Hate isn't productive.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 7:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i don't think it's a choice, just like you can't help who you fell in love with
    crystaldinae

Answer by crystaldinae at 8:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• The best advice I can give is this: I DO believe homosexuality is a sin because the bible says it is. I DO NOT think God made ppl to have unnatural affection for ppl of the same sex because he says homosexuality is wrong. If ppl have a tendency to have an unnatural affection for someone of the same sex, then they should abstain from sexual relations w/that person. There is no sin in abstinence!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 5:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Aren't gay people born like that? I mean as we get older we know what type of people we like. I don't know. I'm not gay and can't judge.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i think its a choice and you chose who you want to love no matter what others say.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Its up to you what ever you want to do. Whether you choose to be gay, married, a nun, or anything else its your choice. Stop being so ignorant and judge your own self i'm sure you have yur own skeletons in you closet. No i'm not gay but i won't judge people like that either only god can judge us. So let the judgeing be up to him.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 11:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• People aren't wired to be gay, we are suppose to be with the opposite sex. Why do you think people hate gays so much!!!! Because it is an abomination. It's unatural, If you believe in God you wouldn't be gay!!!!!!! Gay people are sick and need help its's not their choice, why don't they just go out and screw a cow, maybe they could be attracted to them too.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Maybe some people are born that way, I can honestly say I've seen some people who aren't "faking it" and have probably been that way all of their lives, but then again, there are a lot of people who think it's cool to go against what is acceptable in society and if they know that it will get them the attention they crave, then they do it
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 6:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i think for some, it is a choice. but for most, it was the way they were born and they have been given no choice.

diana131

Answer by diana131 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010