Any advice on keeping focused on getting things done?

My DH and I fight over how little I get done during the day (I'm a stay at home "potential" mom; no little ones yet). I tell him I'm working as fast as I can but do really spend more time than I should here ;-D.

BeckyJo1971

Asked by BeckyJo1971 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Sence you do not have kids yet. It should be easy to make him think you are cleaning most of the day. Spend a couple of hour a day doing the basics. Straighten up the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and livingroom. Best to straighten up right before he comes home. It makes it look fresher.

Answer by louise2 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I can clean an entire 3500 sq ft home between 8-2. Is your home SO messy that you are feeling over whelmed? Or is he right... are you just lazy?

Try www.flylady.com I hear good things about how they can help you get organzied.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Maybe make yourself a "reward" chart? Have a list of things that need to get done at the house, and give yourself a certain amount of minutes on CM for getting each task done?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• How dirty could a home get daily with only 2 people living in it?! No house requires 8 hours of cleaning per day. Is this what he's thinking?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If he wants 8 hours of cleaning ask for 8 hours of pay...come on there is no way it would take more than a couple of hours keeping house with 2 ADULTS living in it....mind you one day when the little ones are around imagine if he is this way now with only 2 of you he will go nuts with children too!!!!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Clean for 45 minutes, play on here for 15, clean for 45, play for 15. You should be able to completely clean the house in three or four cycles of that unless you've got a lot of clutter, in which case you start by getting rid of clutter! As for providing evidence of what you do, start cooking from scratch and baking a lot. I don't know a man in the world who can bitch when there's a muffin in his mouth!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010