heart problems?

I had an echo-cardiogram today. Because two days previous my pulse was racing 130, and the night before that I had some heart palpitations.. IN the Er the chest xray and electrocardiogram was normal.. but i'm still having the heart palpitations.. I'm worried now.. If it was something that was life threatening they wouldn't wait until Monday to tell me right? :( so scared

Po0okiebear69

Asked by Po0okiebear69 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• You could be having anxiety attacks and nothing wrong with your heart. Talk to a licensed counselor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Palpitations aren't dangerous or life threatening. Sometimes they're a symptom of a problem, sometimes they're just an odd thing because you're stressed or something. I do have a heart condition, I do have palpitations, and all they are is annoying. Don't be scared, worried, stressed - that will just make the palpitations worse.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have been having issues with my heart racing a million miles a minute too. I finally got diagnosed Tachycardia is what they said it is.   They put me on some meds for it.  My pulse was racing at 165 a min at the doctors.  it took me years for it to be fixed. Cause the doctors could never catch it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Used to have palpitations regularly when I was younger and was never anything for them other than tranquilizers occasionally.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 8:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had that a while back. The doctor suggested maybe because I was taking cough meds, but I wasn't. My husband and I finally figured it might be stress because I was starting to worry about money and being able to make bill payments. Once he got a job I seemed to do better but every once in a while I start to feel the heart palpitations. Of course, one thing the Dr found out was that one chamber in heart seems to be struggling a bit more than the other 3. However, I've been fine since although sometimes I do worry there's something more.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 8:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If I had peripartum cardiomyopathy.. I am 5 months post partum right now.. would it have shown up on a chest x-ray? And would I be having swelling? I have the shortness of breath at night, but I'm not sure if that's because I'm thinking about it too much.. It's not a whip like omg I can't breath .... I just start thinking about breathing at night.
    Po0okiebear69

Comment by Po0okiebear69 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010