What do you think of cover songs?

Two I can think of off the top of my head that I like are Seethers cover of Careless Whisper ad Season's Afters cover of Cry little sister.
Do you generally think they are decent? Or do you think songs should be left alone?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• I have heard the one by Seether and I love it, Actually I don't think Seether can make a bad song, lol. It depends...sometimes they are just as good if not better and sometimes not. I can't think of the song right off, but it's a rock song and they tried doing everything like the original, even the non singing stuff, it was not good.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 8:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Hm...difficult thing to generalize about. Jeff Buckley did Hallelujah and it was beautiful. Korn's version of 'Another Brick in the Wall' made me want to club baby seals. For every 'Rivers of Babylon' cover by Sublime, there is a Hillary Duff butchering 'My Generation'.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• true Jenny, but I never liked the original Brick in the Wall, so no loss for me. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Comment by spiritguide_23 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It honestly just depends upon how it's done. I love Tori Amos' cover of "Lovesong" by the Cure, but I can't stand 311's version of it. I am also not a huge fan of Johnny Cash's cover of Nine inch Nails' song "Hurt," even though I love Johnny Cash.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• There has been a few I have liked Demon's and Wizards version of the Immigrant Song is awesome same with In this Moment's version of "Call Me' originally done by Blondie.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I don't like cover songs
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 6:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010