how do you fire your babysitter when she is your mother in-law?

My mother in law takes care of my 11 month old while my 3 year old goes to development school. I have been told that she yells at my 3 year old when he first gets out of class. He hasn't had time to do anything I don't know what to do I can't afford day care and I make to much for help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• Try talking to her, she might not even realize what she is doing. I bet that she loves him very much and her watching them seems to be beneficial to you. It could also be very beneficial for both her and your kids. They will always have wonderful memories of their grandma. Give her a chance and if things don't improve--after you talk to her that is-- then you can find someone else. Good luck.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• do interviews, do an ad in newspapers, maybe hire somebody that you think you will trust and pay them...just ignore the mother in law when you have somebody set for yourself, dont say nothing, maybe she will move on...

this is only a suggestion im not responsible for unreliable babysitters because i have not done anything like that.
    thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My exes mom used to watch my son before I put him in daycare. Long story short, she basically told my 6 month old son that he was going to be a loser like his dad among screaming at me for not knowing what I'm doing. Anyway, I called the local elementary school because I knew they posted bulletins about stay at home moms who took in kids while their own children were at school. I found a really nice lady who was able to watch my son until I felt he was ready for daycare. I just told her I didn't want her around my son on such a regular basis if she was going to have such a horrible attitude. Remember that you're the mom and don't put your child anywhere that you yourself wouldn't go.
    angiemgiu

Answer by angiemgiu at 9:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2008