very hard, marble sized poop... crumbly too?

I have 13 month old twin boys and the last few months their bowel movements have been marblesized (or a little bigger) pretty hard (sometimes ROCK hard sometimes, not so hard) and varying in color (from rusty orange to green to light brown) and they poop like one "Marble" every thirty minutes, all day! I assume they are consitpated but I don tknow how to help them

i understand that the color is probably from what they eat... but idk about everything else.
they CANT be dehydrated, they eat a bunch of fruit throughout the day...
they actually basically only eat fruit. they have infant cereal for breakfast WITH their fruit but they are so picky its hard to get them eat anythign but fruit! they do however eat some other things just not as much as fruit.

could it be a fiber problem?
they drink whole milk, cuold that be a problem?
what should i do?
what could it be?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• did they just start the whole milk? get some of that powdered fiber that is tasteless and mix it in their juice....
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• naw they started whole milk around 11 1/2 months! :/ but it has been ever since they started whole milk, their poop has never been the same.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• My DD went through something very similar. Hard poops, straining to get it out, and she had a very adequate amount of liquids throughout the day as well. I tried everything, and finally someone suggested I try the Activia yogurt with her and bam, regular poops in a matter of a week. I kept up the yogurt for a couple weeks, as well as some lactobacillus, and we've never had a poop problem since!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes it COULD be the milk. I would speak to the doctor. I would, in the meantime, offer foods rich in fiber. A fiber supplement might be needed, it helps my son a lot, but I do not recommend using one without doctor instruction.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010