Thrift stores/salvation army stores

Has anyone ever buy anything from there? and what have you bought?...would you ever buy shoes? would you buy something from there?...i know it is second hand but is it really worth it v.s. buying it new?

FON

Asked by FON at 8:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Shopping

• I do often and yes, sometimes it is worth it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love going to thrift stores. Buy alot of my clothes there. Find really great stuff at good prices (just have to check for broken zippers etc). Also get toys to keep at Grandma's house for grandaughter. (Only buy the ones that can be washed etc) Never bought shoes though.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 8:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Sometimes I'll go in there. I used to volunteer at a one. A lot of the stuff is in good condition. Also sometimes you can find nice name brand clothing. As far as shoes... I wouldn't. I'm just weird though when it comes to feet.
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I do all the time,weekly in fact. I have bought shoes that were in new condition. Its super worth it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I go pretty often. I buy skirts and tops for me, kids clothes, games, books, craft supplies, or whatever looks good. I haven't bought shoes, but I might buy dress shoes for my kids if they were in good condition. They have great deals--like 1/2 off sometimes. I walk out with a cart full of stuff for $20! It's like a big garage sale really.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 8:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have bought anything there. mostly in colors I love, and some with brand/ tags still on from the store. (never worn)
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think of thrift stores as a 'treasure hunt' as you never know what treasures you will find. I have found some brand new Liz Claiborne purses for $2.00 each, I found a few nice blouses for me, and I have found a lot of great kids clothes-- hardly worn (and some with sales tags still on) for a fraction of the cost of department stores. I have also bought a lot of books at thrift stores. I don't buy shoes for me or the kids at thrift stores- those I prefer to buy new.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I love thrift stores. I buy my kids used shoes sometimes, at least when they're babies and toddlers, but I don't buy used shoes for myself.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I like to go to thrift stores, they are fun. The Goodwill store here sells a lot of new items, more like a dollar store. No I wouldn't buy shoes there tho. But I got a great pair of Levi's for 6 dollars last time I was there and they fit perfectly.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I LOVE thrift stores! They are awesome! I buy almost everything from there. Just wash whatever you get and it's fine! Almost all my clothes and shoes come from t hrift stores.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:43 AM on Oct. 10, 2010