Did you use a support belt after you gave birth??

I have heard that they help...
If any of you ladies have used them did they help??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 8:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES my mom is a nurse and she reminded me to request they get one at the hospital for me... you can request one from the nurses station. I used it all they way thru my postpartum appointment... i had an emergency cesarean. i slept in it, too. each week i'd pull it tighter on its wide velcro-y attaching area. SO good because after you have a c-section i felt as if my insides woudl spill out of my incision, so heavy and hurting and tender everythign was! an overripe tomato Also it helpoed tone my middle reasonably without exercise because you always tense against it if you have it tight enough, and i mean corset tight. it is SOO comfy i really slept in it cause i wanted results. i also breastfed for four months so both helped a lot. i lovd my belt and didnt want to throw it away but i thin ki finally have. i washed it a couple of times too. it was white with soft ribbing and was in a size small for me, come in S, M, Large
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I didn't use a support belt but I did wear a panty with a powernet panel after the staples came out. It just helped things be less sore after a C section. Mine was an emergency so my incision is vertical, not horizontal. I've heard some women say they used the belts because it helped their tummy go back to flat... I just want to laugh that isn't going to happen. They'll give you support, thats it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Never heard of one for after delivery.. How are they supposed to help?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• no? support for what?
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• After my first two c-sections, no. But after the last, yes, and I wanted to kiss the doctor who recommended it! It helped so much with the pain. C-section recovery without it was HELL. I had to walk bent over because it hurt to pull the muscles to tight. With the belt on, I didn't have to worry about it. I was up and walking the same day I had the c-section with the belt. With the other two, it took me two days to get the nerve up to even try.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I've got my belt in my bag for csection Sunday I've never used one but my sil swears by it
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010