What are simple, little things that you do to feel sexy, cute, pretty, etc...

Tired of being "just a mom" for the past several months... I'm ready to return to my "need to take care of myself too" woman. Any simple tips or suggestions of things I can do without having to go out and buy something super expensive? or maybe not even having to buy anything at all?

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I buy all my clothes off of Ebay. You wouldn't believe the things I find on there that look so good. I find Victorias Secret for like $7 Brand new pants for $9 or cheaper. Really cute skirts for cheap. High heels for $19 or less. Dress shirts fo 2-7 dollars...I dress up, wear my make-up...Generally i'd wear something that I don't normally wear. My husband always notices me 10X more when I look out of the normal. I put on a pair of heels, Tight dress pants and a silky shirt...sleeveless or something and his eyes are on me all day. Even if we don't go anywhere. I also exercise. Exercise will make you feel better about yourself believe it or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• buy a nice smelling lotion and wear it. try a tanning lotion. change the color of y;our hair. paint your nails, get your eyebrows waxed. buy some nice sheets and then sleep in almost nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Bubble baths, girl!! Google how to make some soaks in your tub from items you have in your kitchen or pm me and then lotion up, paint your toes (totally agree with the brow waxing too). While it costs money, I think a new haircut is the BEST thing and if you have a local beauty school you can go there for super cheap, the students are supervised senior stylists. Go through your closet and GET RID of things that don't fit, are unattractive, or stained with spit up!! haha!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 6:26 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• A shower and a shave. Ha :) And cute sweats...You can get some cute comfy sweats that make you LOOK like you went to the gym...Even if you sat on the couch all day.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 10:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Nice undies!! Even if I'm in sweats, a pair of lacy panties make me feel sexy!! Also, on those days that you really have nothing to do but sit on the couch, still get up and shower, or better yet, take a bubble bath, do your hair, and put a little makeup on. That always perks me right up and makes me feel great! Its nice to walk past the mirror and not cringe!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• everyone has great answers so far! for me its learning to do my nails and my hair at home...wearing mascara and lipstick (even if its just gloss) every day and I have sworn off big tee shirts...I spent on a few non-expensive femenine shirts to wear (i bought five for M thru Fri) and got some nice little things to wear to bed. makes me feel better even if i am home all day :)
    boricuangel

Answer by boricuangel at 1:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i agree! a little make-up and some cute clothes will go a long way! it's a good tool to help get you motivated! i always feel like doing more when i have my face on!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 4:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I am a curvy woman and I love to get nice undies. A great bra to push the girls up makes me feel great!!!

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I go tanning. It gets me out of the house for a half hour of me time. You would be amazed what a little sun can do to make you feel refreshed. It also does wonders for your skin so you don't need as much make up. i love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• One little secret I learned: Use and eyebrow curler, with or without mascara.

A new perfume, warm hued sheets of the highest thread count you are willing to pay for (it really does wonders... and colors like red, rose, burgandy, eggplant... these make us feel more sensuous), wear shoes with a little bit of heel, a new piece of jewelry.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008