Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

what is the best alimony and child support and for how many years

have you hear off i have been married 23 years 13 and 22 year old son hubbys wants divorce i dont

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • You really need to ask a lawyer this. One thing I can say, you can not get child support for the 22 year old, just the 13 year old.


    Answer by louise2 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • see a lawyer immediately!! it all depends on whether or not you have worked during the marriage, his income, your state laws (such a infidelity), assets, etc. he may even have to pay for your attorney!

    Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Depends on the state you live in & whether or not there is a pre-nuptial/post-nuptial agreement.

    Each state has a different criteria used to establish CS & Alimony.. Also, you can receive CS I know for a minor child, but I'm not sure about an adult child.

    Your best bet is to hire an attorney. An attorney would not only know laws/criteria in your state, they would also know how to exploit them in your best interest. So a good seeking an experienced divorce attorney should be your first step.

    Answer by pixie_trix at 8:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Depends on your state an attorney.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • Google child support calculator for your state. Alimony depends on several things. You could probably google that too using his income and if you work. You probably can't get cs for the 22 yr old

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.