Would you still be friends or move on with cousins?

My husband's cousin won a lottery 4 years ago. We never asked him for money ever, in fact we would buy them lavish gifts for stuff bought his daughter her first bicycle, but this month my hubby asked him to cover for a $2000 loan that we would get from his pension in mid nov. The answer was no. This is the same cousin whose wife talks bad about my mil and fil and tried to get me drunk with her at a family wedding. My fil told her to stop drinking and she would not. So please no bashing, do you think we need to move on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Move on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Loaning money is the best way to lose a friend or a relative.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• If they just won the lottery then if they truely care for u the should whatever they can to help. I say keep them @ a close distance
    mijos_mom

Answer by mijos_mom at 8:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Loaning money to relatives? I wouldn't do it either - and I have great relatives. It's their money, they choose who they loan it to or don't loan it to - and if your relationship wasn't based on them loaning you money, then what's the problem?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I dont see why them not loaning you money would make you want to forget and move on with them. They chose not too. It really doenst matter if you have asked them for money in the past or not, maybe they just dont want that between you guys. Its their money, and their decision, its not something you can be mad about. If you ask your bank for a loan and the decline you are you going to stop banking with them?
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 9:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• What is the problem. They choose not to loan money.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• First of all, winning the lottery doesn't mean they are "rich" unless it was millions and millions. But maybe their thought is, what do they need $2000 for now that can't be put off for another month. Maybe if like the hot water tank or something in your house blew and HAD to be replaced I could see asking for help with that....but money is money and personal loans are risky, sensitive business situations.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• definetly nothing worse than an evil greedy family member imo
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 8:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010