Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

When a mom loses her job and has to relocate after a divorce settlement with 50/50 custody. She had to relocated and father is not splitting time equal because visitation was already set.

Answer Question

Asked by brokenheart310 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • I believe she can go back to court and ask for an adjustment.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 8:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • in arizona you can go back and modify the amount that is paid towards you for his less time of visitation.

    Answer by melody77 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • They can go back and modify the visitation.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • file a mmotion to "amend or review cuistody and visitation with the court from the original ruling. go there and document why you did everything,. there is hope you just have to go thru the system, iam sorry you have such a mean and petty ex. they suck lol. keep up at it and let soem things ride but go for things you need and see what happens. you can go in without a lawyer it is called beign a pro dse litigant. i have done it many times. i have testified and asked witnesses questions many times. you just write in whats called a "motion: a list of why you need to come to court. try to get a free consult with a lawyer and they can sort of instruct you on how a motion should look.

    Answer by silverelf at 9:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

  • You said that she had relocated. How far apart do they live? Your custody agreement can be modified, but you would probably need a lawyer to get it straightened out.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • modification of time and such...but use legal counsel or is could get ugly

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • I didn't think 50/50 custody ment actual time with the child. If in this case that is part of it then is the issue him not following the order?

    Answer by seturkey at 1:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

  • We have filed a motion, I am the grandmother here and my daughter's new job is within 150 miles of where they live. She has consulted with her lawyer and she pretty much told her since the children started in the school district they could not take them out of it. To keep things civil and easy as possible on the kids. (5-7yrs) They reached an agreement on the time with the kids but they have since started school and because her job was eliminated she took another position 150 miles away but it's to far from family so she is with us right now and drives 2 hrs to work everymorning. She started dating her ex when she was 17, They lived together and worked their way through college, got married and started a family. He always has been very controlling, We are 4 1/2 hrs from the kids, she works at the halfway point, She is having a hard time with this because it was her belief she would be with him 4-ever.

    Comment by brokenheart310 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • I want to back up here a little. They moved from 1 hr from us the other side of the state to a new location for a job opportunity for him, she was able to transfer with her company, but her and the kids stayed back for 9 months until the house was sold and they found a new one. Once they moved the problems started, he found someone else where he worked he is in a management position and makes a very good income. She has a very good career as well and make's a good income. She does not want support, She only took some of the furniture and one of the vehicles and left him with everything else, she even took the credit card debts. they had because he said she had a spending problem, ( they were not in debt. had never missed a house payment, owned their vehicles and part of this credit card debt was for eye lazer surgery for him, but she took it.

    Comment by brokenheart310 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

  • Now they are on the other side of the state, she only knows a few people and is 41/2-5 hrs from both sets of grandparents, She only moved there for their family that is now broke up and does not want to be there. He thinks she should take a lesser paying job just to stay there and be with the boy's, he is controlling and heartless, when it comes to her but is a good father. So she is kind of S.O.O.Luck if you know what I mean. He won't budge right now and until this goes back to court I'm affraid the boys will think she abandoned them, the youngest was a mamas boy b4 all of this and now she's gone, we get them everyother weekend, because since they have started school, her time with them was Mon.- Fri. one week and Tues.-Thru Fri. the next so yes he is following the order. He won't be social at all and budge in the mean time, we drive 10 hrs to get the boys on our weekends and he won't even meet us half way.

    Comment by brokenheart310 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.