"I like it..." facebook statuses

Ive seen some weird facebook statuses... like " I like it on the counter top" and "i like it in my big red truck" WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?!
lol

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 8:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Entertainment

• These messages, which seem sexually suggestive, are really not. The "I like it on the (fill in the blank) phenomenon is merely the latest phenomenon hitting Facebook as women (and likely some men) are updating their statuses describing where they like "it" in order to promote breast cancer awareness month. The "it" in question is not sex, as it may seem to suggest, but rather a handbag or purse.
    The fun Facebook game, really, is to describe where a woman likes to place her purse or handbag. What "it" is left to the imagination, though most likely "it" will be assumed to be something sexual in nature, if history of how the human mind works is any guide.
    Showing just how powerful women can be when we want to spread the word about something, Facebook statuses have been taken over with women posting some pretty funny locations about ‘where they like it!’
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Breast Cancer awareness....where do you leave you purse? "I like it (purse)"
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Breast Cancer awareness month ... it's where you like to leave your purse
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It has NOTHING to do with breast cancer except it gets people asking questions which is where the awareness and education comes in. It got you thinking right?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I think it's something about breastcancer or cancer awareness or something. The msg was to put in your status where you like to put your purse lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 8:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Its for women only, maybe you'll get an inbox message from one of your female friends, its just to help get women thinking about breast cancer and remind them to get checked :) i liked the bra color one better cause all the guys were like "what are the colors for?" there's guys asking about the "i like it..." statuses too but not as many :P lol
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 9:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• you don't remember last year they did 'what color is your bra'?
    It's like a solidarity and awareness thing. It gets people talking about it
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Haha very funny. I guess i missed that LOL... i still dont know what it has to do with breast cancer... but ok!
    mommyofAurora

Comment by mommyofAurora (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Where do you keep your purse. On the counter? In the car? "I like it (where I keep my purse)". My SIL keeps her purse on the passenger seat of her car or her piano - so her status reads "I like it on the passenger seat of the car and the piano". A friend's reads "I like it next to the garage door". Another keeps hers hanging on a hook in her bedroom closet - "I like it on the closet door hook". Get it now? :)
    Anonymous

• i put i like it all over the house, LOL!
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2010