What would end a friendship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Lying, not being there for me while I am there for them every step of the way, talking behind my back about me to mutual acquaintances/friends and heard from them about what they were saying, using me for anything to benefit them and hurt me. These were some of the reasons I chose not to keep many people in my life anymore. Drama free life is the lifestyle I choose to live and it is very peaceful living like this....
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 9:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have ended friendships - the biggest one for me was my bff of over 30 yrs.....she wouldn't stop drinking went back on drugs, pill popping and i found out she was teaching my kids how to huff. That was it for me. You mess with my kids - you get the boot.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• A friend having an affair or propositioning my SO. A friend betraying me or hurting my child in anyway.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• backstabbing is one, you always seem to find out what they said about you too.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• being used to go down to your in-laws vacation home and asking you to drive them all over and then you never hear from them all year until the week before for a quick coffee outing. Yeah I cut her off asap.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• a former friend of mine got hurt emotionally when i told her (5 years ago when she was still a minor) that i didn't like who she was beginning to date as he was 44. then we started to patch our friendship back together this year after she married the man only to have her freak out on me. i told her that i did not tell my own parents about her wedding because i didn't want to deal with them asking me 20 questions and giving me their opinions on why she married a man so much older than herself. what really broke the last straw though was when i was trying to apologize for sticking my nose where it didn't belong 5yrs ago and she started bitchin to me about taking relationship advice from someone who has been married twice now.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 9:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• drug use, lying about me, being mean to my kids, being an over all toxic person.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i had a friend who does drugs and even had her child taken away because of it..now that didnt end her friendship for me but i keep myself distant because when i ask her to come spend a week or so at my house...she asks if a friend of her's can spend it with her and thats just a red flag for me.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I sense that there are so many ladies on this post that feel the same way. The drama mommas jsut make us lose our friendships and it hurts. Why can't ladies be loyal to one another and not back stab each other with the fakeness?
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010