miscarriage

i just found out that i had a miscarriage and i don't know how to deal with it. I want to yell and scream cry all the time. what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry for your loss. I've had two miscarriages and while we didn't have funerals or anything, I did mourn the loss of my babies. I cried, I got angry, I threw pillows. It is a loss and you have to go through the process of grieveing before you can move on. How long that takes is individual - my first was at 6w and I was ready right away to try again, my second was at 12w and we waited a few months before trying again. And you also have to remember that your hormones will be a little out of whack too, which will contribute to your emotional roller coaster. Just take all the time you need. And like someone else said, if you need it, look for a support group on here or in real life - the compassionate friends is a group for parents who've suffered the loss of a child, whether through miscarriage or already born.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Hugs! I am so very sorry for your loss. One thing that might help you is to start a feelings journal, write down what you are feeling, how you want to yell and cry. Let it all out! I would also suggest finding a loss support group and going to meetings. Sometimes it is easier to be around others who have had a loss than to be around well-meaning but 'clueless' people (friends, family) who have no idea what you are going thru. Also it takes time to get over any loss- so give yourself time to grieve and mourn. Take things day by day.
    If you need someone to be there and listen, feel free to pm me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yell scream and cry. Throw pillows. Do whatever it takes to get the frustration and madness out of your system so you can concentrate on getting better and ready to try again later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had one years ago, it was the worst thing that ever happened to me. Time definitely makes it better, and I have had 2 kids since then. But it was quite hard to get through. Good luck!!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss ((hugs)) I've had miscarriages too. I would suggest joining one of the miscarriage support groups on here.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2010