Which job should I take?

I have been looking for a part time job that can work around my schedule for awhile now and now I have been offered two! I don't know which one I should take.

Job #1- substitute teaching- working on Thursdays and Fridays and I would be paid$62.50 for each day. Work is not guaranteed and there are a lot of school holidays on Fridays. Also it would only be for the school year.

Job #2- Mother's helper- working 3-4 hours a day, making minimum wage. This job would be for at least 2 years during school year, summers, etc. I can take my son with me when he is out of school.

Either way, I make about the same amount of money but with one job, I work less hours, but I am not guaranteed those hours and I wouldn't have a job during school breaks. Which one do I pick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I agree with taking job #2 if you are just looking for a job. If you are looking to break into a career like teaching, taking job #1 may be better for your long term goals.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 9:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Job 2. Family friendly and more consistent.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• job2
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• job #2 sounds great!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Job #2. At least you will know when you are going to work. It's also guaranteed.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Job # 2. You can take your son. That alone is worth its weight in gold! You'd have hours and a job even in the summer. That would give you security and peace of mind
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 2:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2010