Why do men have nipples?

Ladiesusan1

Asked by Ladiesusan1 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I guess men have a lot of useless features!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 7:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• As embryos men and women have similar tissues and body parts. If anything the embryo follows a 'female template'. That is why nipples are present in both sexes. It is the effect of the genes, the Y chromosome and the hormone testosterone that brings about the changes and masculinises the embryo. Testosterone promotes the growth of the penis and testicles. Because nipples are there before this process begins the nipples stay!
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 1:32 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• for us to twist when they are ass holes...lol..
    MamasGotBlues

Answer by MamasGotBlues at 1:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• lol, I like the last answer. my answer, cause they would look funny without them
    Mesha125

Answer by Mesha125 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i saw on oprah that men have nipples for no reason they are useless to them. but that nipples are made BEFORE the sex of the baby is determined and finished being made. I KNOW I ANSWERED THAT REALLY WEIRD BUT HOPEFULLY YOU UNDERSTAND IT. I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH OF THIS IS TRUE BUT THATS ONE THEORY LOL.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• lol, the first answer is the correct one and all women have some testosterone in them and all men have some estrogen in them. But, I like the other answers as well.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 8:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• You know nature is a funny creature. I just found out that men can lactate. Yeah...read this story.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Men-That-Produce-Milk-47942.shtml
    LilHellion

Answer by LilHellion at 11:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• haha... I dont have a good or a funny answer those have been taken.. but i love this question it gave me a good laugh!
    pearee

Answer by pearee at 4:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• can't give them purple nurples wihtout them. its god's way of balancing out pms.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2008