Can anyone share their Hyperemesis story? How did you cope? I feel like death is calling for me....

choc_dreams

Asked by choc_dreams at 12:38 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Make sure you stay in contact with your doctor. I survived. But they didn't really tell me how close I came to dying until she was born. I had a PICC line for several months and spent most of my pregnancy in the hospital fighting contractions brought on by the dehydration. I lost 50 pounds. But she grew normally and is just perfect. I would actually suggest a PICC line, that way you can give your own meds for nausea via IV and you will feel better and be able to eat and drink more. A PICC line is a type of IV port that is left in and you can go home and give yourself your meds. A nurse will come weekly to check on it and clean the site and all.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• cont'd...I know it sounds odd to most to suggest that, but with hyperemisis it can help so much. I could not even keep a tablespoon of water down and could not eat at all. When I got my PICC line, I could drink with no problems and I could eat a little...I still didn't have much of an appetite, but at least I could eat. Very few people have it like I had it, so cheer up....it will be worth it!
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 9:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• it's not advice, but I sure hope you feel better! I had no idea what you were talking about so I googled it. Wow! I'm sorry things are going so rough for you! I hope they get better and you dr can figure out some way to help more! Good luck!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2008