My daughter is almost two and am trying to potty train, what should I do?

She uses her potty from time to time. I want her to do it more often.

lovebeinghome10

Asked by lovebeinghome10 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was an at home mom with my first girl. I put the potty in the living room and let her roam around naked. So if she felt the urge she ran to the potty. It worked for me.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• She will do it when she is ready and more aware of when she needs to go. We JUST finished potty training out 2.5 y/o. We tried off and on a few times, but after having her make a ROYAL mess of her poop 2 days in a row I was determined to get her trained. We give her an M&M each time she successfully goes to the bathroom, unless it was less than an hour before bed. Praise her when she goes in the toilet. The 2nd time she played with her poop.....there was NONE on the inside of her diaper. Booger KNEW she needed to go.
    trish2tew

Answer by trish2tew at 10:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• At that age there is really no need to have her potty train until really 3 yrs. of age, but that is awesome that she is already trying! I would just not push it @ all. they still don't really get the concept of going in the toilet. Just positive reinforcements and encouragement.
    princessbabies

Answer by princessbabies at 4:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010