I'm having a hard time getting the fifteen month old to go to sleep.

the controlled crying method was still recommended when my first was little, and the second did it on her own. this child would not go to bed ever, if I didn't nurse her and nurse her and nurse her and wrestler. Right now we are sitting in the dark, daddy is rocking her while i'm looking for solutions, and she just now stopped screaming her little head off.

She's fifteen months old, partially co slept,and breastfed, slept for less than one hour today at noon, and is exhausted... you can tell. But doesn't want to sleep.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well when my daughter was that age I had he in a toddler bed, so when it was time for her to go to bed I would lay her in her bed and then I would leave the room. I always would shut the door, but she would cry here head off. You would cry herself to sleep. My daughter is almost 2. She does good when she goes to bed now. But there are still times that she crys her head off. That would be the best thing to do.
    lovebeinghome10

Answer by lovebeinghome10 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Try some soothing white noise, a bath before bed, maybe a book while rocking. No tv an hour before bed. And unfortunetly a little crying it out for the first week or so.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010