nesting? is it all in your head?

ok for those of you who went naturaly(not induced) did you have the nesting urdge if so how bad and for how long? i am just wondering if its a true statement and if you HAVE to go through it so to say.....i mean can you do nothing and not get a nesting feeling and still go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I definitely nested. I cleaned like crazy for a few days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Nesting is a natural instinct for many women. It's the same thing as animals in the wild who are pregnant and prepare for their babies before they are born, even dogs to do it. If you DONT get a nesting urge, that doesn't mean anything. Some women get it, some don't. Some women get it for the first pregnancy and not for their second or vice versa etc etc etc. I wouldn't place too much on the whole 'nesting' thing. With my first I was induced at 12 days post-due date and had nesting starting around 7 months pregnant, with my second, I had a scheduled c-section and nested around 6 months. I nested way before I had either one of them.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I always thought it was all in your head, until I experienced it myself. It was even worse with my second, I worked right up until the day i got induced and the last few days at the office I drove everybody crazy!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I Did not have ANY nesting need or feeling or thoughts. LOL I quit work at 36 weeks only because I had bought nothing yet. I finally got all that crap put together. I packed a bag only the week before. I cleaned nothing extra besides what NEEDED it. I went into labor naturallt at 40 weeks and 2 days and had my son in 7 hours.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I never had a nesting urge. I cleaned because I had to, I was having a homebirth and wasn't about to have a dirty house but I never had that crazy urge.

I don't think it's all in women's heads though. It makes sense to me that we would want to nest and prepare for our little ones. I wanted to prepare I just drug my feet doing it. lol
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• i went thru that and didnt even know it was called nesting!! i just thought i got a good boost of energy. i was scrubbing everyhting in sight. includin the tub like he would be in it for a while.
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Some people start to nest in their 2nd trimester. I know I would want my house clean and spotless by the time my baby gets here.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2010