"Gallup came out with the official unemployment number, folks. It's 10.1%. The U6 rate, which counts people who have given up looking for jobs, is 17.1%. "

Your thought?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wonder how long it will take the Obama administration to come up with a reason why Bush is to blame for this.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• PBO said we have had a growing economy for 9 straight months. He points to private industry adding 64,000 jobs. You balance that against the 95,000 total loss, and we are at a net lossof 31,000 jobs. But, he says his plan is working and we are growing. And, the good ship lollipop will be taking me on my next cruise to never-never land.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Bush was NO saint but things were not nearly as bad as they are now, this administration acts as though they have a golden goose & a never ending supply of $. They bought everything they wanted, with our $, they now control many huge businesses, banks & h/c. They are very close to controlling us. With all the trillions they have wasted, there should be more job recovery out here in the real world where we all live but things aren't better out here. However, the elitists are doing just fine, they all have been taken care of, no worries for them. As for the rest of us, I hope the "takeover the world agenda" gang is stopped but if not, soon, we will be left to fend for ourselves, with a bankrupt economy, no jobs, the dolllar will be almost worthless, a shortage of food, no more food stamps, no rent subsidies, no monthly checks & NO H/C. Once the progressives accomplish their communist agenda, we are all expendable, jmo...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• And they say the recession is over? Huh...
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Once again, I'm thanking God. DH's work just sent a whole shift worth of "tech" work overseas, because the people who call in at night are really calling for customer service. He's dodged the lay offs so far, but i'm holding my breath.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Oh, and OP...I want to know where those people are who said just a few days ago, that they feel the recession is over, and we're on an economic upswing?! *sigh*

Just wait until social security goes belly up, China starts collecting on their IOU's, and business and industry is no longer propped up and allowed to fail! Unfortunately, I don;t think we've seen rock bottom yet!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You gotta be kidding me!!! I thought the recession was over?????

These figures are darn close to those of the great depression.

I guess that means Obama has us headed straight into another depression.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I've actually heard conservative political pundits say that the financial crisis and recession started on Obama's watch and none of it is Bush's fault. It makes my brain hurt...can people really believe this???
    ________________________________________________
    THAT recession ended in 2009. This is a different one now. Didn't you hear?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Compare and contrast the rates for the remainder of the world. Be glad that you do not reside on the African continent.

***

Seriously!??! We're now supposed to "compare and contrast" OUR country to OTHER countries?! Like I give a crap about OTHER countries!! I will only ever care about my own country FIRST and FOREMOST--before I start worrying about OTHER countries!! Many of whom have been receiving BILLIONS of AMERICAN DOLLARS for DECADES!! Where has THAT money gone?! Oh, right! To the nefarious overlords and rebel leaders!!

Progressives never cease to amaze me with their irrational thinking! Of course we have it better than those living in the land-fill known as Calcutta, but would you WANT to live like that?! Does it somehow make it okay that OUR country--the greatest country on this planet--ends up like them?!?!?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Gov. yearly avg unemployment figures
    Clinton
    1993 6.9%
    1994 6.3
    1995 5.6
    1996 5.4
    1997 4.9
    1998 4.5
    1999 4.2
    2000 4.0
    Bush
    2001 4.7%
    2002 5.8
    2003 6.0
    2004 5.4
    2005 5.1
    2006 4.6
    2007 4.6
    2008 5.8
    Obama
    2009 9.3%
    2010 9.5
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010