Has anyone has a partial hysterectomy?

How old (if you don't mind sharing) were you when you had it done? I'm talking just the uterus, no ovaries, no tubes, no cervix. Any regrets? Any bad side affects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• No, I am alive. :)
    Anonymous

• Regrets, I mean.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad you are alive:) but, that's not really helping me. This would be sort of elective? for me. I have the option, sex is extremely painful. The doc said the ligaments that hold my uterus are stretched during sex, and that is what's causing the pain. She said she could do a hysterectomy, but I'm not sure. Right now I am scheduled for laproscopic surgery in a few days. I'm considering just having the partial, to completely end the painful sex. When I say painful, I mean, it's like I'm about to deliver a baby kind of pain. Tried all the positions. Pain meds don't work. No, no infections. So, I'm wondering about other's experiences with partial hysterectomy's.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I had my surgery 4 days after my 38th birthday.  I'm 47 now and have absolutely no regrets.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2010