how do you get rid of bed bugs?

stepho345

Asked by stepho345 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use flea spray on the bed in the Spring, Summer, Fall and if it isn't cold enough at night outside or if I even suspect anything I spray again in winter. The brand I use is called Gold and has a gold lid. Also Adam's is ok and has a blue lid, and then there is a spray that has a white bottle and red cap, but I really can't remember that ones' name. I get the sprays at Giant Eagle or Wal Mart. They are in the pet section, look like hairspray bottles. I never have anything in my bed because of this. Also, you might try this...spray your baseboards, basement included with Home Defense. Then spray outside your home, and around your windows with this. But be sure that when you use these spray products it is early in the day as you want the stuff to dry as well as "air out".
    mammamia48

Answer by mammamia48 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• OMG! I am so sorry first of all. I had these when I moved in to an apartment! worst experience of my life... they bomb twice a week spraied every other, and changed the carpets and still no luck. I had to throw everything I own away and move somewhere else. GOOD LUCK!! I will never say "dont let the bed bugs bite" to my children. This was way before we had kids, thank goodness. and of coarse I was the only one getting bit
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Oh good god man! Everything? My neighbor asked me if I knew how to rid of them. I didn't know. I told her to start with a vacuum of the bed and bomb it. Do they jump from place to place? Will they migrate? Should I be worried?
    stepho345

Comment by stepho345 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I heard the only true way to kill them is heat. Like, 130 degrees or something.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Bed bugs can live on clothing from infested homes and may be spread by a person unknowingly wearing infested clothing
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2010