Any one have any success with treating Rosacea?

I have rosacea. I recently went to the dermatologist to have an official diagnosis and see what can be done. It has become itchy at times and seems to be getting bumpier and spreading to my forehead and temples. I decided I wanted to try to see if I can help it. However, we do not have insurance, so the costs can really add up. Luckily my doctor gave me samples of metrogel and finacea. They are both $200 a tube in the store. However, they did nothing for me. I talked to the office today, and they want me to start on an oral pill. I am not sure the name. However, I just want to know if anyone has had any luck in working with Rosacea and what you have done. Any natural meds that you would suggest? Someone mentioned coloidal silver. Anyone every tried that? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

loves2cook74

Asked by loves2cook74 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• My dad has it really bad and he's been using pine sap...you can get it at natural food stores. Its been amazing how well its worked. Granted he smells like a pine tree for a little while,but its pretty much cleared up.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Many products sold in the stores may be what is making your Rosacea worse? Have you tried switching products to see if that helps at all? Perhaps switching to greener products will help out a bit.

Visit: www.CleanandGreenFamily.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I"d love to send you some samples of Jordan Essentials Shea Body Butter. I use it on my face daily. It heals my acne without scarring. Shea butter has natural healing properties that aid in skin cell regeneration. It's blended with natural plant oils (no mineral oil) that will soak completely in without leaving your skin greasy. please pm if you would like some samples sent.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010