What would you have done?

My husband and I were driving to his work the other day, and saw a middle-aged man in a car with a sign in his back window that read "McBush/ Paliar 08. We just scoffed.. because everyone is entitled to their opinion. But as we went to pass him in the other lane, he held up a sign to the passenger window that said "Jesus is coming (Look busy)." We are Christian.. and were very offended. We both frowned at him and said whatever... and he FLIPPED US OFF!
Do you think this kind of thing is harrassment?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 12:56 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't really know if I am totally believing you....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• What do you mean? You think I'm lying? What reason would I have for that?
    Yes, this did happen... there are fanatics like this out there. I live in Tucson... a metro area with a liberal university.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Things like that don't even need a response. Sometimes if you just walk away you say more than acting like you were offended. People do that to get attention and personally would like a "rise" in you. Don't give them the satisfaction! ;-)
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 1:09 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• ^^^ it happens all the time where I live...their are some RUDE ASS people in big towns...my husband and I stopped to let a woman and her baby cross on a road where there was no intersection and she looked in the car and saw that my husband was a soldier (in his ACUs-work uniform at the time) and she yelled out "fuck you murderer"... I was shocked speachless and DH rolled down his window and yelled "get a car and get that baby off the streets". I know that what he said was mean but honestly...my husband was curteous enough to stop in the middle of the road to let a woman and her baby pass and she says what she did as a "thank you"??? WTF is wrong with people?!

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

•  eye rollingWow... what a wonderful example that mother will be for her child!

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:25 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Truly, I probably would have just laughed and driven away... This stuff happens all the time and they are just looking for someone to fight with... I don't give them the opp.... Just smile and wave!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:29 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• it is ridiculous how some people react. some can be so rude. I agree with pupmom I probably would have laugh. that gets them more upset. lol
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• By laughing he COULD misinterpret that as you agreeing with him...

...it sounds to me like he was trying to be funny...as malicious and dark as the humor may be...

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 1:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Waved and smiled and acted like a Christian should act. Then go on with my day after a little prayer for that obviously angry man. Most people don't go around flipping other people off...so he's gotta have some anger issues. That's what I would've done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Maybe he is angry because it is unavoidable all the christian crap everywhere it is very annoying maybe he was rude but it can get extremely frustrating with everyone displaying their faith all over their car, every time someone wins an award, sneezes, at my kids' gymnastics recital for cryin' out loud!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Oct. 26, 2008