Anyone have an Amnio or CVS

I am carrying a surrogate pregnancy & the Intended Mother has informed that that I will need to have one or the other- waiting for the doctor to tell us which..

Can you tell me which you had & how the procedure went & if you had any problems afterwards..

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I gave you a bump and I hope you can get your answer.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I had an amnio at 36 weeks. It was creepy, but not painful, and I didn't have any problems afterward.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have had two Amnio's done and going for my 3rd in a few days at 37 weeks. My first was with my 2nd baby at 20 weeks and everything went fine. I listened to the doctors orders as to keeping off my feet for at least 24-48hrs after . My second was with my current 3rd pregnancy at 17 weeks and everything went the same no problems and I also stayed off my feet for the same amount of time. After the procedure my tummy felt sore like I had bumped it and over used my tummy muscles.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i had an amnio at 36 weeks with my daughter, it wasn't bad at all, just felt a little weird when they took out the fluid. good luck and good for you being a surrogate
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I had amnio with my 2nd pregnancy at 19 weeks, after fetal indication. My son was stillborn due to numerous genetic defects 2 weeks later.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2010