rash from teething drool?

hi girls my dd is 8mnths and she actually has her first tooth just poking threw the skin..but i have noticed in the last week she it getting these small almost like pimply spots on her chin area..and it comes and goes daily is it from drool? Could it be getting chapped I mean she literally has a drool line there constantly! Thanks

jorjiegirl

Asked by jorjiegirl at 10:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• totally normal i was worried about it too..my dd is 1 and has about 6 teeth..asked her dr and he said it was fine, and it goes away and then comes back for a few days..but nothing to worry about
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• mine has the samething
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Yes, it's possible. My ds used to have rashes around his nose and mouth so often when he was little. Turns out... his skin is very sensitive and he breaks out when it comes in contact with his saliva and his umm... "nasal drippings?".. lol. Basically.. once he grew old enough to not drool or let his nose run his rashes stopped.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• normal. my son had the same issue when teething, also his cheeks got real red too whenever he was cutting.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• There is actually a little bit of natural acid in their saliva that helps break down the gums so the tooth can break through. This often gives them a rash from drooling and diaper rash as the digest the saliva.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• its normal my 6 month old already has 2 bottom teeth but when shes teething the same thing happens just try to wip her chin off offten n use lotion on it so it dont get to bad :)
    Marsh-mellow

Answer by Marsh-mellow at 2:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2010