Is a root canal worth the money?

I have to get a root canal and DH says that its not worth it because more often than not people swallow their crowns, or end up having to get another root canal. Is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2010 in Health

• No. I had a root canal 6 years ago and I have never need another one and I have never swallowed my crown, never had any problems
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I agree with mommy
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Well, if you enjoy pain and infections that can affect your overall health, then don't get the root canal. Of course, it is worth it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• I have done some research on root canals and I keep finding information that getting a root canal can be harmful to your health. I would do some research on your own and make your own decision.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• It is far better to get the RC and a crown, than to have a tooth pulled and deal with shifting teeth and bite issues and worn teeth from a crappy bite later. ALL that will cost way more to fix than the RC + crown.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• RCT's can cause bacteria to become entrenched deep in the structure of the tooth and can lead to insane pain and having the tooth extracted anyway.
    The BEST thing you can do, if you're planning on dropping a grand plus on this ANYWAY, is to yank the tooth and get a metal free partial.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• id rather them just pull my tooth
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 11:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2010

• Maybe. I had one botched root canal and ended up having the tooth pulled a few years later. I had a root canal in 2007 with no problems. I was in so much pain with that tooth, I could have cared less what the dentist did to it. Neither my crowns nor my bridge are in any danger of snapping off and getting swallowed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2010